Resources for starting a small business:
- California Secretary of State – Starting a business – Step-by-step guide to starting a business in California
- California Secretary of State – Tax information – Determine your business’s tax obligations
- CalGOLD – California business permits made simple, from the Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s small business planner for managing your business, start to finish
- Findlaw’s comprehensive guide to starting and running a business
- List of consumer protection laws that may apply to your business, from the Cal. Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
- List of important points for every business involving more than one founder, from nolo, a marvelous resource in general.
- The Sustainable Economies Law Center (SELC) frequently has events focused on food-related businesses on their calendar.